Engineering Instructor (Machining) (Ref: EP288)
Location: Havant, Hampshire
Salary: Available on Request
Applications in by: 15/12/2017
Interview Date: To be Advised
Job Code: EP288
PETA Limited has provided apprenticeship training to local business for over 45 years. We are recognised as one of the largest and most trusted apprenticeship training providers in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
An opportunity has arisen to join the team at our Engineering Training Centre in Havant, providing high quality engineering training to young learners, apprentices and corporate clients.
We are seeking an experienced Machinist who has a passion to impart their knowledge and experience to the machining engineers of tomorrow. Ideally you will have previous experience in a supervisory role, possess excellent written and communication skills and enjoy working in a learning environment.
The role entails teaching, coaching and mentoring young learners undertaking Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications in the use of Lathes, Mills and CNC. A teaching and/or assessing qualification is desirable but not essential as the necessary training will be provided to the applicant with the right qualities.
This role is subject to a DBS check.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Time served Engineer with machining experience in Lathes, Mills and CNC.
- Level 3 Engineering Qualification
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience of working with young people
- Full driving licence and use of own car
Desirable requirements for this role:
- NVQ/QCF Assessor qualification
- Teaching qualification
- Experience of working in a learning environment
- Good understanding of apprenticeship frameworks