The Apprenticeship Levy
Apprenticeships are changing from April 2017!
If you already have an Apprenticeship programme or would like to develop a robust Apprenticeship strategy to develop your workforce, the following information will be helpful.
Did you know?
- The Apprenticeship Levy starts on 6 April 2017
- Apprenticeship frameworks are changing to Standards
- End-Point Assessments are to be introduced
- Private providers like PETA scored 84% in a recent SFA employer satisfaction survey, whilst colleges’ ratings scored a full 10% lower
- A government charge to employers of 0.5% of payroll will be enforced if your payroll exceeds £3 million
- Levy funds will be available for you to use on Apprenticeships through a new Apprenticeship Service Account (ASA)
- First funds appear in your account on 1 May 2017
- You can register for this account from February 2017
- Employers have an allowance of £15,000 to offset against levy
- A 10% Government Top Up will be applied
- Funds in your Apprenticeship Service Account will expire after 24 months
- Levy payers with insufficient funds must co-invest 10%
Our 45 years of experience in Apprenticeships makes us ideally placed to lead you through the Apprenticeship Levy and the subsequent changes to Apprenticeships.
Find out more about our new Managed Service Solution to maximise your return on investment and offset it against your current learning and development budget.
SME and Micro Employers
- The Government will contribute 90% of training costs to Non-levy (less than £3 million payroll) employers
- You will receive £1,000 incentive for Apprentices aged 16-18
- Employers with less than 50 employees will have 100% of their training costs covered if the Apprentice is aged 16-18
- We can support you in a number of ways, from recruiting Apprentices for you, to advising you on your programme.