Operational / Departmental Management Apprenticeship - Level 5
Developing powerful leadership capability
Who is it for?
The Operational/Departmental Manager Apprenticeships are specifically designed to support individuals operating at a middle management level in a wide range of managerial contexts.
These new standards developed to align with the Apprenticeship Reforms, enable a fresh and employer led approach to developing the capabilities of managers and building their knowledge, skills and behaviours to those required in business today.
What will I learn?
- The role and skills of the manager
- Effective use of information in decision-making
- Skills in managing people
This Apprenticeship is aimed at existing staff as part of a development programme.
On completion of the Apprenticeship you will achieve;
- NVQ Diploma - Level 5
Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
Unit choices include*
- Personal development as a manager and leader
- Information based decision making
- Managing team and individual performance
- Practices of resource management
- Meeting stakeholder and quality needs
- Conducting a management project
- Organisational financial management
- Conducting a marketing plan
- Project development and control
- Planning for development
- Managing recruitment, selection and induction
- Being a leader
- Leadership practice
- Introduction to management and leadership
- Operational risk management
- Organisational corporate social responsibility
* The qualification is based on a credits based system whereby the most appropriate combination of units are selected to meet a credit value outcome
- Maths and English
Apprentices will need to successfuly complete a number of assessment activities including a;
- Knowledge test (L5 Diploma)
- Portfolio of learning
- Work based project
- Competency based interview
- Professional discussion