The Intermediate Apprenticeship will provide you with the essential skills needed to fulfil a high quality support role within a range of business environments.
Business is a vital role in any organisation, with Administrators handling the day-to-day tasks that ensure the office runs smoothly. Through the Intermediate Apprenticeship you will develop a range of skills including preparing key business
documents, preparing financial information, managing business communications and using IT.
During the Apprenticeship you will develop invaluable experience with an employer by undertaking a real job with real pay. Throughout the programme you will receive guidance and support from both your employer and a PETA mentor to ensure you gain all the skills, knowledge and experience to succeed in your chosen career.
On completion of the Apprenticeship you will achieve;
- Diploma in Business Administration - Level 2
- Functional Skills - English, Maths and ICT (at an appropriate level if needed)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Options following your Apprenticeship:
- Your employer could support progression to the Advanced Apprenticeship
- The Apprenticeship may turn into a permanent position
- You could be offered a permanent position with an opportunity to undertake further specific work-related qualifications
- With the experience gained, you may opt to find alternative employment
- You might choose to continue your studies
Diploma in Business Administration – Level 2
- Mandatory Units
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understand employer organisations
- Manage personal performance and development
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
A wide range of optional units are available which are chosen to best reflect the skills and knowledge needed to complete the job role, units include areas such as;
- Meet and welcome visitors
- Researching, preparing, producing and reporting business information
- Supporting the organisation and co-ordination of events
- General office duties such as electronic messaging, diary systems, minute taking, handling mail, reception duties, use of office equipment, maintaining / issuing stationery and stock items
- Administering HR records and the recruitment and selection process
Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Statutory rights and responsibilities
- Procedures and documentation in your organisation
- Source of information and advice
- About your occupation and organisation
- Occupations and career pathways
- Representative bodies
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Creative thinking
- Independent enquiry
- Reflective learning
- Effective participation
- Self management
- Team working
Functional Skills (if needed)
An Apprenticeship is all about learning on the job, there will be days where you attend our Business Training Centre located in central Portsmouth to undertake the taught aspects of the programme.
To be able to start this programme you need to be aged 16 and over with 4 GCSEs at grade E or higher including Maths and English.
Apprenticeships are available throughout the year and are dependent upon finding a suitable employer.
Don't forget PETA finds the employer for you!
So, check out the current vacancies that PETA has to offer on our Apprenticeships job page.
This is an Intermediate Apprenticeship where the majority of the time is spent with an employer doing a real job.