This Intermediate Apprenticeship is all about Customer Service and your role in how you can ensure the customer experience is a positive one. You will develop a range of skills to ensure you are able to respond to an employer’s need for high levels of customer service. You will learn how to communicate using appropriate language, how to present a positive impression and how to handle and resolve customer issues.
During the Apprenticeship you will develop valuable experience with an employer by undertaking a real job with real pay. Throughout the programme you will receive guidance and support from both your employer and a PETA mentor to ensure you gain all the skills, knowledge and experience to succeed in your chosen career.
On completion of the Apprenticeship you will achieve;
- Diploma in Customer Service - Level 2
- Functional Skills - English and Maths (at an appropriate level if needed)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Options following your Apprenticeship:
- Your employer could support progression to the Advanced Apprenticeship
- The Apprenticeship may turn into a permanent position
- You could be offered a permanent position with an opportunity to undertake further specific work-related qualifications
- With the experience gained, you may opt to find alternative employment
- You might choose to continue your studies
Diploma in Customer Service – Level 2
- Mandatory units
- Deliver customer service
- Understand customer service
- Principles of customer service
- Understand employer organisations
- Manage personal performance and development
- Optional Units
A wide range of optional units are available which are chosen to best reflect the skills and knowledge needed to complete the job role, units include areas such as;
- Communicating verbally and in writing with customers
- Promoting additional products to customers
- Processing information about customers
- Resolving customer problems
- Developing customer relationships
Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Statutory rights and responsibilities
- Procedures and documentation in your organisation
- Source of information and advice
- About your occupation and organisation
- Occupations and career pathways
- Representative bodies
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Creative thinking
- Independent enquiry
- Reflective learning
- Effective participation
- Self management
- Team working
Functional Skills (if needed)
An Apprenticeship is all about learning on the job, there will be days where you attend our Business Training Centre located in central Portsmouth to undertake the taught aspects of the programme.
To start this programme you need to be aged 16 and over with 4 GCSEs at grade E or higher in Maths and English.
Apprenticeships are available throughout the year and are dependent upon finding a suitable employer.
Don't forget PETA finds the employer for you!
So, check out the current vacancies that PETA has to offer on our Apprenticeships job page.
This is an Intermediate Apprenticeship where the majority of the time is spent with an employer doing a real job.