The Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship at Level 3 covers a broad range of engineering sectors.
The detail of the skills acquired will depend on the chosen pathway but can include;
Electronics, Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacture and Technical Services and provides
the skills and knowledge to operate at Craft or Technician level.
On completion of the Apprenticeship you will achieve;
- NVQ Extended Diploma - Level 3
- Technical Certificate - Level 3
Options following your Apprenticeship:
- The Apprenticeship may turn into a permanent position
- You could be offered a permanent position with an opportunity to undertake further specific work-related qualifications
- With the experience gained, you may opt to find alternative employment
- You might choose to continue your studies
NVQ Extended Diploma – Level 3
- Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering
- Engineering Maintenance
- Fabrication and Welding
- Materials Processing and Finishing
- Engineering Technical Support
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Installation and Commissioning
- Engineering Toolmaking
Technical Certificate – Level 3
- Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Statutory rights and responsibilities
- Procedures and documentation in your organisation
- Source of information and advice
- About your occupation and organisation
- Occupations and career pathways
- Representative bodies
Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Creative thinking
- Independent enquiry
- Reflective learning
- Effective participation
- Self management
- Team working
Functional Skills (if needed)
An Apprenticeship is all about learning on the job, there will be days where you attend our Havant Training Centre located in Havant to undertake the taught aspects of the programme.
To start this programme you need to be aged 16 and over with 4 GCSEs at grade C or higher, including Maths, English and Science or an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Engineering or other related Level 2 qualification.
Apprenticeships are available throughout the year and are dependent upon finding a suitable employer.
Don't forget PETA finds the employer for you!
So, check out the current vacancies that PETA has to offer on our Apprenticeships job page.
This is an Advanced Apprenticeship where the majority of the time is spent with an employer doing a real job.