Traineeships are all about getting young adults into work or an Apprenticeship. They are flexible programmes that help you build confidence, gain work experience in the area of work you are interested in and provide further training in english and maths if needed.
The main part of the Traineeship is the work placement, this is where you gain the most benefit and will enable you to get that job or Apprenticeship.
Who can do a Traineeship?
Traineeships are available for young adults aged 16–18 (including those with Learning Difficulty Assessments up to age 25) who:
- Are not currently in a job and have little work experience, but who are keen to work
- Are qualified below Level 3
- Will be ready for a job or an Apprenticeship within 6 months of starting the Traineeship
What can I do on a Traineeship?
If you are interested in Business, Engineering or ICT then we can help you. The Traineeship will give you real experience with a real employer and we help you to secure a job or Apprenticeship when one is available and you are confident and able to secure it.
How long is a Traineeship?
A Traineeship can last from 6 weeks up to 6 months, however it is likely you won't take the full 6 months as our plan is for you to have a guaranteed interview with a reference from your work experience company, giving you fantastic opportunities to really put yourself forward for jobs and Apprenticeships.
What happens at the end of a Traineeship?
Your Traineeship comes to an end when;
- you get a job or an Apprenticeship or go onto further education and training
- all the different parts of your programme have been completed
- you have completed 6 months on the programme
You will come away with:
- Great work experience to share with potential employers
- Increased confidence and understanding of the work you will be involved in
- A reference from your work experience placement
- A guaranteed employer interview
The aim of the programme is to get you into either:
- A job
- An Apprenticeship
- Further Education
Apply Now! »