PETA Training are proud to be working with CTS Europe, looking to source an exceptional mechanical assembly operative for their organisation. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about all aspects of the CTS manufacturing business. You will learn how to assemble Laboratory Enclosure Systems, Use Workshop Machinery and be involved in the whole manufacturing process.
Containment Technology Services (CTS) designs, constructs and commissions mobile and bench mounted laboratory fume hood cabinets and safety containment systems to the pharmaceutical industry. CTS specialise in the manufacture of custom built systems and undertake projects from small portable devices to large scale containment solutions. In addition, CTS range of laboratory safety cabinets includes safe handling environments for the manipulation of potent drug compounds such as powder weighing enclosures, instrument enclosures, ventilated laboratory cabinets, isolator systems as well as temperature and humidity controlled cabinets.
Work safely always
Learn how to check materials to ensure that sufficient raw materials are available and correct using drawings and technical specifications
Learn how to fabricate products from stainless steel and other light materials
Follow engineering drawings and Standard Operating Procedures to assemble products
Produce products with a high degree of accuracy and finish, ensuring CTS’s quality standards are achieved
Learn to identify products and components
Perform stock checks
Learn to identify and use correct tools for the job, use of power tools also
General workshop activities
The company is located on the Hilsea Industrial Estate, however the training will be delivered at PETA’s Havant training facility, so you will need to be able to get yourself to both locations reliably.
Your motivation and drive are the assets that will be best appreciated.
• You will need good communication skills as you will develop into a role where the ability to communicate on a technical level with peers and management is a crucial skill
• You will need to be open minded and willing to develop your knowledge and skills to support your future development
You will have a good level of dexterity and hand skills
• Demonstrate an interest in manufacturing mechanical components is highly desirable
• You will have good hand to eye co-ordination
• Your logical approach to problem solving will enable you to perform to make a good contribution to all aspects of the job
• You need to be able to learn through instruction and experience
3 GCSE's at grade C or above (or equivalents) to include maths and English are desirable but not essential
• Additionally, a science or engineering qualification is highly desirable
• Any engineering experience or qualifications will be looked upon favourably
22 days paid holiday plus statutory holidays
Free on-site car parking
Staff rest room
Enrolment onto the company pension scheme (after qualifying period)
Internal rewards system for high performance/awards
Opportunity to progress into a technical role for the right candidate
Training to be provided
During the 15 month programme you will be day released for 13 months to complete a Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (Foundation Competence) at the PETA Ltd Engineering Training Centre in Havant (5 minute walk from Havant Railway Station), consisting of the following units:
• Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
• Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
• Using and communicating technical information
• Producing components using hand fitting techniques
• Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
• Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
• Assembly and Testing Electronic Circuits
• You will then pass through a gateway and progress onto the End Point Assessment phase of the programme You will also achieve Functional Skills in Math’s and English at level 1 (if you have not already achieved D+ or a Grade 3+ in these disciplines).
Apply for this Vacancy
To apply for this job vacancy, please complete the application form below. Once we have received your application, we will be in touch to discuss next steps.