PETA Training are proud to be working with Netserve Limited , looking to source an exceptional Network Engineer Apprentice for their organisation.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to progress in the IT industry. You will be part of a small but experienced and dedicated team who will be supporting you in your IT support development.
During your apprenticeship training you will take part of their in-house training. You will be working with their business and domestic customers providing IT repair, upgrades and IT solutions over the phone and in person.
You will be working closely with the other IT technicians focusing on solving IT issues and providing a first class customer service. That includes repair, upgrade and support to their customers.
In addition, you will be assisting the more senior technicians with more challenging jobs including website and hosting.
To provide efficient and effective IT support to primarily to our customers for
installations, usage, or maintenance of customers’ products to ensure that the
system is functioning according to specifications, This includes but is not limited
to hardware, software, audio, visual, printers, servers, and other IT related
• As part of your development you should assistant when appropriate the more
senior technicians with for more challenging jobs, including website and hosting,
DNS related jobs, advanced back up solutions and full installation of servers.
• You will also provide support to all more junior members of staff.
You will be expected to deliver IT support both on and, but you will mainly be
travelling onsite to jobs: a company pool car will be made available to you. You
must monitor IT support coverage so that any changes made to the calendar are
clearly communicated with the customers immediately to avoid potential complaints. You should ensure you are well prepared for each onsite site and that
you carry the correct tools necessary (all tools will be provided by the company).
• To act as an escalation point for basic training needs for all more junior members
of staff, when necessary. You should ensure that any unresolved issues are
escalated accordingly to a more senior technician.
• To listen carefully to the customer’s problem, diagnose and identify the
customer’s needs and ensure that the IT solution you provide is the most effective
and efficient solution tailored to that customer. Thorough diagnosis should include
asking the right questions to ensure that the customer avoids downtime due to
• You should ensure that any software upgrades or suggestions are compatible
with the customer’s current IT set up to avoid delay or failure in resolving the
• To regularly communicate the status of your technical solution to the customer
clearly and in a user-friendly, professional manner. You will ensure that your
‘Daily Contacts’ are completed by the close of business everyday without fail to
ensure that our customers receive the best level of customer service from
• To ensure that all computer equipment is assigned a ticket and logged on to our
accounting software. You must ensure that any information/updates, linked with
that ticket, are entered onto the ticketing system immediately. This ensures that
all technicians are able to provide the customer a full update in your absence.
• To follow all internal processes, procedures and policies. Failure to comply with company procedures and policies may result in formal proceedings.
• Offer tuition to customers for new hardware or software installations.
• Proactively educate customers and more junior members of the team about our
‘Go Monthly Support Package’ options and other potential software hardware and
• To assist in the creation of technical documents and training material.
• To assist in sourcing deals and offers, as well as new suppliers, for the resale of
hardware and software.
• To act as a role model at all times by complying with procedures and policies,
• To assist the other departments with phone answering, providing technical
knowledge, presenting training.
Netserve is a small local IT consultancy company based in central Southampton established in 2003. They offer IT solutions to local businesses and home users across Hampshire and Dorset.
Passionate about IT
To understand the importance of good customer service and lead by example
Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, obtain information and provide solutions for a good range of technical problems
Self-motivated and desire to learn
Experience of helpdesk level server support;
Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and other server applications
A full UK Driving Licence is required for this role
A can do attitude and a drive to succeed is required
GCSE Maths and English grade A* - C / 9 - 4 or functional skills levels 2 equivalent.
A relevant Level 3 Apprenticeship/qualification or equivalent experience is essential.
The company provides a progression opportunity for the right candidate.
Training to be provided
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend one of PETA training centres for off-the- job training. The majority of training will be completed with your employer at your place of work. You will be completing Level 4 Network Engineer Apprenticeship along with the following qualifications:
- BCS Network Principles
- BCS Network Systems and Architecture
- MTA Cloud
- MTA Mobility and Devices
Apply for this Vacancy
To apply for this job vacancy, please complete the application form below. Once we have received your application, we will be in touch to discuss next steps.