PETA Training are proud to be working with Matrix Business IT Limited, looking to source an exceptional Firstline IT Helpdesk Engineer Apprentice for their organisation.
A fantastic opportunity to join the growing IT team of this dedicated and diverse company. If you want to move forward with your IT career and join a company that can offer you world class training, industry leading remuneration packages, then this is the right place. This role is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring Helpdesk Support / 1st Line Support Engineer / IT Technician, to learn new skills and progress within the IT field.
• First point of contact for all customer calls and emails to the service desk
• Log calls on behalf of the user ensuring all key information is correctly captured
• Monitor, categorise, set priority of incoming tickets
• Communication with customers as required
• System monitoring and documentation
• Hardware fault diagnosis and repair
Matrix IT is based in Fareham, Hampshire, working with businesses of all sizes and sectors throughout the south of England, including Fareham, Portsmouth, Southampton, Chichester, Havant, Waterlooville and throughout the counties of Hampshire, West Sussex and beyond. Our expert team can ensure the continued optimum efficiency and ongoing development of your IT investment by offering a wide range of proactive, reactive and managed IT services, including remote system monitoring, fault diagnosis and resolution, along with emergency on-site response.
• Good numerical and literacy skills and good levels of computer literacy
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
• Good analytical/problem solving skills
• To possess initiative with an inquisitive nature, unafraid to ask appropriate questions
• Proven work ethic
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels with good relationship building skills
• Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
• GCSE Level 4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English Language
• BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT or Equivalent
• 23 days holiday
• Company nights out and Christmas party
• Fantastic NEW Cams Estate office
• Team lunches and events
• Performance rewards
• A progression opportunity will be offered for the successful candidate upon completion of their apprenticeship.
Training to be provided
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend one of PETA training centres for off-the- job training. The majority of training will be completed with your employer at your place of work. You will be completing Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship along with the following qualifications:
- Microsoft (MTA) Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft (MTA) Mobility and device Fundamentals
- Microsoft (MTA) Server Admin
- Microsoft (MTA) Software development Fundamentals
- ITIL Foundation V4
Apply for this Vacancy
To apply for this job vacancy, please complete the application form below. Once we have received your application, we will be in touch to discuss next steps.