PETA Ltd are working with Harwin to recruit the Engineers of the future. This exciting new partnership will give ten apprentices the chance to experience a unique and bespoke programme of training.
If you are looking for an apprenticeship that will combine your passion for engineering with the chance to kick start your career, this opportunity is perfect for you.
Harwin has been successfully providing apprenticeship opportunities for 20 years. Our trainees are a vital part of our workforce and many have had long and rewarding careers with the company.
We are recruiting now for the Harwin academy with roles starting in September.
What roles could be available?
Due to the specialist nature of the processes within Harwin there are a vast array of career opportunities within many divisions of our organisation including: -
• Electro Plating
• High Speed Stamping
• Automated Assembly
• Robotic production
• Software Programming
• R&D Machine/Tool Build or Design
• Product Design
For all our Engineering opportunities, a comprehensive training programme will be developed to support your personal and professional development.
Harwin plc manufacture superior electrical / electronic components of the highest quality for demanding applications. Based in Portsmouth for over 70 years our products are distributed worldwide through a network of partners in Europe, Asia, and the US. Harwin offers a breadth and depth of expertise in such markets as industrial and instrumentation, medical, military, aerospace, automotive, consumer electronics and telecommunications.
Could this role be the ideal fit for me?
To be considered for one of our Engineering Apprentice vacancies, you will require the following skills and attributes:
• Be PC Literate
• Have a “Can Do” mentality
• Be a good communicator
What do we expect from our apprentices?
• You are motivated to achieve
• You are organised in your work
• You can work independently but just as well within a team
You are respectful of those who are teaching you whether at college or in the workplace
• Have GCSE grade 3 or above in Maths, Physics and English
25 Days Holiday plus all bank and public holidays
Potential career progression
What are the career prospects at Harwin?
The career opportunities at Harwin are very varied. As we are an extremely dynamic organisation our roles change and develop frequently. We invest heavily in the training and development of staff in all areas of the business. This is an ongoing process to ensure they have the right skills and experience to support Harwin as it continuously adapts to new technologies, engineering process improvements and innovative product launches. Where appropriate we support our trainees should they wish to continue onto Level 6 (degree).
As a privately owned Company, we re-invest a very large percentage of our annual profit back into enhancing our processes, technologies, and people. We have a high staff retention rate and seek to give our employees as much opportunity as possible to achieve their career ambitions. 70% of the apprentices from the last 20 years are still with the business today in very key roles such as:
• Head of Research and Development
• New Product Initiative Manager
• Product / Machine Designers
Training to be provided
What training will I be given?
• As an Engineering Apprentice, you will start by undertaking an Engineering foundation qualification which will be delivered on a fixed term one year employment contract within the Company’s dedicated training centre.
• Students will cover a combination of knowledge and competence modules including engineering maintenance, environmental awareness, fitting & assembly technique, and manual milling & turning techniques. The foundation qualification will also include additional modules covering CAD and 3D modelling/printing.
• This technical training is offered together with the opportunity to gain work experience within Harwin’s manufacturing and engineering facility.
• Having successfully completed year one, you will be given the opportunity to progress on to an advanced level pathway whilst working within one of our specialist divisions.
Apply for this Vacancy
If you are looking for an apprenticeship where no two days will be the same, we want to hear from you. Please click apply below to register your interest our Engineering Apprenticeships.