PETA Ltd are proud to be working with a world-leading engineering company and supplier of complex components to recruit a Commercial Assistant Apprentice. If you have an interest in administration and precision engineering, this could be the role for you.
Universal Tool and Production (UTP) are looking for a capable Commercial Assistant Apprentice to assist the Commercial Manager with all aspects of the commercial department. This will be from initial contact and quotation stage through to delivering the product to our customers in line with their lead times. The Apprentice will also support UTP with any office administration tasks as and when required.
There may be the opportunity to move into a full-time role upon completion of the apprenticeship. Future progression for the right candidate could include moving to a quotation role. This is dependant on company regrowth and development.
By the end of the apprenticeship, the Commercial Assistant Apprentice will be responsible for:
- Raising outsourced process and part purchase orders on our manufacturing software Tricorn (MRP)
- Amendments on purchase orders based on any new information received which changes quantities/price
- Chasing subcontractors where delays are highlighted
- Booking in received goods and reconciling to the goods received note, ensuring relevant certification is also included
- Maintaining good working relationships with all suppliers
- Maintaining customer order books
- Maintaining internal feedback logs for all outstanding orders
- Assisting with the generation of comprehensive quotations and bids
- Organising and monitoring quotation performance for regular internal reviews
- General office administrative tasks including answering external calls and passing on to the relevant persons
You will also control access to the facility and the recording of visitors.
Precision Engineers UTP develops, manufactures and delivers highly complex components to the most exacting companies in the world, to the finest possible tolerances using exotic, high tensile materials, ensuring product reliability in extreme conditions with maximum operational safety & sustainability.
Would you like to see something you've worked on as part of an Airbus A380 or the latest Boeing A787 Dreamliner? Or watch a Formula One race car that you've worked on win a Grand Prix? Then come and work for us.
UTP produce bespoke components for the Oil and Gas, Medical, Aerospace, Nuclear and other industries. The elements we produce are very high spec and designed to work in extreme conditions all around the world. UTP aspires to be an employer of choice, and has a strong focus on employee well-being, including the provision of continuous professional development, a fit-for-purpose facility with an emphasis on safety and quality, and community benefits. We are looking to grow over the next few years, and are looking for personnel with existing technical competence, as well as apprentices looking for a long-term career.
Please apply for the Commercial Assistant Apprentice role today.
- Progressive company looking to expand
- Good reputation in the Aerospace industry
- Pleasant and safe work environment
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Onsite parking
- Coffee and vending machines in canteen area
- Opportunity for a long term career
Training to be provided
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard.
You will complete a 15 month apprenticeship which includes 10 days at the PETA training centre in Cosham. You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.
Apply for this Vacancy
To apply for this job vacancy, please complete the application form below. Once we have received your application, we will be in touch to discuss next steps.