PETA Ltd are proud to be working with Elliotts, a leading builders’ merchant, to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice.
Earn whilst you learn and join a business which is dedicated to help you reach your potential. Like many of our previous apprentices, join our team and become part of our success to help drive our business forward. Elliotts are looking for candidates who would like an admin role which is not governed to a sitting behind a desk.
Don’t delay, apply for the Business Administration Apprentice role today!
This diverse role offers a customer facing approach in a busy builders’ merchant whilst covering the support aspects needed to ensure a streamlined business function. Elliotts love to invest in their staff; if the Business Administration Apprentice has done well in branch and with their studies, then there will be the chance to gain a permanent contract and progress with their career.
Training to be provided: Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard. You will complete a 15 month apprenticeship which includes 10 days at the PETA training centre in Cosham. You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.
About the role
As a Business Administration Apprentice, you will be at the heart of our business and based in one of our local branches. From here you will learn everything there is to know about how a successful merchant branch and kitchen & bathroom showroom is run. Whilst doing so, all your learning experiences will adhere to the standards assigned to the Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship with the help of our learning partner, PETA Ltd. You will also be exposed to other divisions and areas of our business throughout your apprenticeship to help with your all-round development.
General duties of the Business Administration Apprentice will include:
- Learning about the products and services that we offer to our customers
- Communicating with customers both face to face, via the phone and by email
- Assisting with invoicing and other administrative tasks
- Accurately taking messages and responding
- Supporting accurate stock control reporting to the Branch Manager
- Working closely with various departments and offering support to other branches
- Supporting the branch in adhering to Health & Safety regulations
- Assisting with pricing and quoting on a range of materials and services for customers
- Using various IT platforms such as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel as well as an internal system (IntactIQ) to input data and look up products to order via online catalogues
Training will be given on the tasks outlined above.
Monday to Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
40 hours per week (1 hour lunch break)