PETA Ltd are looking to source an exceptional Engineering Quality Apprentice for our client, Prysmian Cables & Systems in Eastleigh.
If you have an eye for detail, enjoy working to schedules and resolving problems, this is the apprenticeship for you.
This apprenticeship is designed to offer stretch and progression. Once you have gained the required experience, you will be proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improvement. You will eventually be able to work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality, accuracy and timely delivery of the work you undertake.
Your new apprenticeship
As an Engineering Quality Apprentice, the company will support your personal and professional development.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training centre for off-the-job training. This will start as 18 months of day release when you will complete your foundation skills training. This will include
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Conducting business improvement activities
- General machining, fitting and assembly applications
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
- Assembling and testing electronic circuits
- General welding applications
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway to complete your skills development training in years 2 - 4 with your employer. Your Level 3 development programme will include:
Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA Job Coach, and day release for 24 months to complete a Level 3 Btec technical certificate.
The overall apprenticeship duration is 48 months.
What will I be responsible for?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an international company. We provide a great learning environment which produces excellent engineers.
As an Engineering Quality Apprentice, you will be ensuring that products and procedures meet specifications and performance criteria.
You will become involved in all aspects of the manufacturing processes such as problem solving, identifying process and quality improvements, as well as reducing costs.
The role is mainly office based, however considerable time will be spent in the manufacturing areas and laboratories. You will be keeping a log of machine tooling and ordering new parts when stocks are low. This will include getting involved with the testing and measuring of cable products, recording the results in databases.
You will also be creating documents such as Standard Operating Procedures and One Point Lessons (OPL). The role will include learning how to complete Cost OF Poor Quality calculations and monitoring internal and external non-conformances. You will also be undertaking Quick Process Audits (QPA’s), auditing the calibration of equipment and ensuring that the programme of internal product audits (sample testing) is completed by undertaking the actual testing and reporting the results.
Your role will also involve:
- Implement quality control systems and standards.
- Monitor and analyse quality performance.
- Inspect and test materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Collaborate to develop and implement controls, investigate and troubleshoot product and production issues.
- Develop corrective actions solutions, and improvements. Review specifications, and processes.
Monday - Friday 08:00 - 17:00 (39 hours per week).
Please note that the salary is for the first year of the apprenticeship.