PETA Ltd are looking to source an exceptional Engineering Design Apprentice for our client, SBS. If you enjoy working to schedules and resolving problems, this is the apprenticeship for you. You will learn to use 2D and 3D design software, working with production and manufacturing teams to ensure products move smoothly from design to production.
You will also assist the testing team ensuring that products meet the standards required, eventually being able to work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality, accuracy and timely delivery of the work you undertake.
As an engineering design apprentice this programme forms part of your companies succession planning for the future. The company will support your personal and professional development. You will be trained, supported and monitored throughout the process.
Training to be provided
Throughout the duration of the design apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training center for off-the-job training. This will start as 18 months of day release when you will complete your foundation skills training.
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Conducting business improvement activities
- General machining, fitting and assembly applications
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
- Assembling and testing electronic circuits
- General welding applications
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway to complete your skills development training in years 2 - 4 with your employer. Your Level 3 development programme will include:
- Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA Job Coach, and day release for 24 months to complete a Level 3 Btec technical certificate.
Overall duration 48 months
About the role
- Creating accurate data is important in this role.
- Learn how to design and validate products to customer requirements, relevant design standards and codes
- Become competent using software to undertake calculations and create quality plans.
- Learn how to create engineering schedules and bills of materials
- As a design engineer apprentice, you will become competent monitoring deviations from customer and contract requirements and report them in the appropriate way
- Learn how to provide technical support for other internal and external functions (manufacturing, supply chain, applications, sales and customers).
- As a design engineer apprentice you will become competent providing engineering solutions to internal non-conformances (rejects), customer issues (PORs) and change requests within agreed timescales
- Learn how to implement and support continuous improvement actions/projects and best practice replication throughout the company
- As a design engineer apprentice you will become competent in monitoring processes using root cause analysis and problem-solving tools to effectively resolve issues
- You will be learning how to create quality plans, engineering schedules and bills of materials to facilitate orders.
- Learn how to identify cost effective interventions to solve problems
- As a design engineer apprentice you will become competent contributing to a range of projects and work collaboratively with the engineering team
- Auto-enrolled into the company pension scheme after qualification period
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays (Up to 6 days to be taken at Christmas)
- Free parking on site
- Onsite restroom with kitchen facilities
Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 17:00, Friday 08:00 - 13:00 (39 hours per week)