PETA Ltd are looking to source an exceptional Engineering Technician Apprentice for our client, Phoenix. The role will be to learn how to interpret information and programme the robotic Pick and Place Surface Mount Technology machinery. This is a role where teamwork is important, Phoenix actively support personal and professional development.
You will be learning about all aspects of Phoenix’s business including setting up the feed reels ensuring the correct component are loaded, running first offs ready for inspection. You will also be learning how to inspect parts using the Optical inspection equipment, eventually learning how to programme the equipment for new jobs. You will eventually be able to work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality, accuracy and timely delivery of the work you undertake.
As an engineering technician apprentice this programme forms part of your companies succession planning for the future. The company will support your personal and professional development. You will be trained, supported and monitored throughout the process
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training center for off-the-job training. This will start as 18 months of day release when you will complete your foundation skills training.
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Conducting business improvement activities
- General machining, fitting and assembly applications
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
- Assembling and testing electronic circuits
- General welding applications
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway to complete your skills development training in years 2 - 4 with your employer. Your Level 3 development programme will include:
Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA Job Coach, and day release for 24 months to complete a Level 3 Btec technical certificate.
Overall duration 48 months
As an engineering technician you will be working as part of a team providing support and expertise in this engineering manufacturing environment.
- You will be learning all aspects of programming, setting up and running our Surface Mount Technology (SMT) machines
- This will also involve undertaking routine maintenance to ensure the machines are working efficiently
- The role will eventually include analysing the reliability of production equipment, processes and production dealing inconsistencies to prevent delays
- Once you have gained the required experience you will be proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improvement
As well as contributing and promoting best practices for improving the manufacturing process
Mon to Thurs 07.30 - 16.30
Friday 07.30 - 12.30