PETA Ltd are looking to recruit a Facilities Support Apprentice to support in the vibrant Lakeside North Harbour facility. If you want to gain experience across a range of business functions, this could be the perfect apprenticeship for you.
The Facilities Support Apprentice will work across all aspects of the facilities management (FM) function. This will include helpdesk, purchasing, reception, events, meeting room operations, maintenance management, project work, customer services and health and safety. The role will be split across the FM department and front of house reception.
There is the intention for a full-time permanent position to be offered to the suitable and successful candidate upon completion of the apprenticeship. The role will become permanent subject to completion of qualifications/senior management review. Future progression routes include Property Administrator, Facilities Coordinator, Assistant FM or Front of House Manager along with options across Avison Young nationally. Progression is very good in the FM department for the successful candidate after gaining the appropriate experience.
The interview will be smart dress appropriate for a business environment. Each candidate will be asked general questions about themselves and why they would like to work in a facilities department and also about Lakeside North Harbour. As part of the interview each candidate should bring something with them that best describes their personality and provide a basic overview of how the object, picture or phrase best describes their character.
Training to be provided
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard. You will complete a 15 month apprenticeship which includes 10 days at the PETA training centre in Cosham. You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.
About the role
The Facilities Support Apprentice will be responsible for 2 main fuctions:
- Monitor the Lakeside FM Helpdesk email inbox; to log work orders on the system allocating them to engineers
- Assist the Facilities Coordinator with the scheduling of works for engineers and ensuring that they are updating the system, with works done
- Liaise with the FM Team regarding any items to be ordered to complete jobs
- Ensure that the email account is kept tidy and all completed correspondence is filed
- General filing of service records
- Assisting with site Health & Safety requirements
- As part of the FM team Liaise with internal and external customers about a wide variety of issues and queries; sending emails to occupiers to let them know what is happening around site
- Arranging annual service contract and scheduling dates
- Assisting with contract management for key service providers
- Learning the purchasing order system and how to raise PO’s and approve invoices
- Assisting the Security Team with post functions
- Under supervision, assisting the emergency response team to safely manage evacuations and or disaster management
Reception, Meeting Rooms and Events
- Undertaking front of house duties, including meeting and greeting the visitors to the campus
- Assisting in the Badge Audits for both Reception desks on a daily or weekly basis
- Answering the switchboard promptly and efficiently
- Assisting in the set up and delivery of beverages to the Conference & Meeting rooms
- Undertaking general office duties, including correspondence, emails to ensure the smooth running of the receptions
- Keeping up to date with what’s going on throughout the campus to provide accurate information to Occupiers & Visitors
- Reporting any maintenance, breakage or cleanliness problems to the Helpdesk
- Paid holiday 20 days rising to 25 at completion of apprenticeship
- Paid sick after 3 months on 10 days rolling program
- Auto enrol pension subject to meeting the entry requirements
- Café and restaurant on site
- Frequent staff events
- Street food Thursdays
- Beautiful and vibrant Lakeside location
- Opportunities for frequent pay reviews
Monday - Friday 08:00 - 17:00 (40 hours per week with 1 hour for lunch). Please note that job is permanent for the duration of the apprenticeship at satisfactory completion of 3-month trial period/probation. A DBS check will be required.