As a maintenance engineer apprentice this programme forms part of CooperVision’s succession planning for the future. They will support your personal and professional development. You will be trained, supported and monitored throughout the process
Throughout the duration of the maintenance engineer apprenticeship apprenticship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training center for off-the-job training. This will start as 12 months of day release when you will complete your foundation skills training.
• Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
• Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
• Using and communicating technical information
• Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
• Maintaining mechanical equipment/systems
• Producing components using hand fitting techniques
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway to complete your skills development training in years 2 - 4 with your employer. Your Level 3 development programme will include:
Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA Job Coach, and day release for 24 months to complete a Level 3 Btec technical certificate.
Overall duration 45 months