PETA Ltd are looking to source an exceptional Engineering Maintenance Engineer Apprentice for our client, Coopervision. As a maintenance engineer you will be interested in taking things apart to find out how they work. This role will involve carrying out planned, unplanned and preventative maintenance on plant /equipment
You will learn how to remove components assess their condition then replace/repair them, returning plant and equipment to an operational condition. You will also learn how to diagnose and determine the cause of faults in plant and equipment. Maintenance engineers also position, assemble, install and dismantle plant equipment.
As a maintenance engineer apprentice this programme forms part of CooperVision’s succession planning for the future. They will support your personal and professional development. You will be trained, supported and monitored throughout the process
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training center for off-the-job training. This will start as 12 months of day release when you will complete your foundation skills training.
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Maintaining mechanical equipment/systems
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway to complete your skills development training in years 2 - 4 with your employer. Your Level 3 development programme will include:
Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA Job Coach, and day release for 24 months to complete a Level 3 Btec technical certificate.
Overall duration 45 months
As a maintenance engineer apprentice, you will learn how to work safely at all times. This role is focused on supporting the manufacturing processes on site, minimising down time and ensuring efficient set up changeovers.
- You will learn how to undertake daily rounds and record status information on complex plant equipment
- This will include inspecting plant and equipment including Air Compressors, De-Ionized Water Systems, Autoclaves, Air Handling and A/C Systems, Fire Pumps and Sprinkler Systems and Steam Systems
- Learn how to carry out emergency repairs on facilities support services and building infrastructure
- As a maintenance engineer apprentice you will become competent reading and interpreting information, technical specifications and supporting documentation,
- You will learn how to assess and test the performance and condition of plant and equipment
- As a maintenance engineer apprentice you will become competent locating and rectify faults on plant and equipment
- You will learn how to carry out emergency repairs on facilities support services and building infrastructure.
- This job will mean preparing work areas and reinstating those areas after the completion of the work-related activities
- Upon completion of work you will communicate, handover and confirm that the appropriate process has been completed
- As a maintenance engineer apprentice you you will develop communication skills enabling you to provide information to internal and external stakeholders
Mon-Fri 8.30 am - 4.30 pm (40 hours)