PETA Ltd are excited to be working with a transport refrigeration servicing company to recruit an Administration Apprentice (Trainee Service Controller). If you are interested in administration, ICT and quotations, this could be the ideal role for you.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Administration Apprentice (Trainee Service Controller) to join a leading company. The Administration Apprentice (Trainee Service Controller) will be responsible for the completion of service office records and documents.
There is the intention for a full-time permanent position to be offered to the suitable and successful candidate upon completion of the apprenticeship. 3 previous apprentices have progressed into full-time roles.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity; apply for the Administration Apprentice (Trainee Service Controller) position today.
The Administration Apprentice (Trainee Service Controller) will be based in the service office located in Curdridge, Southampton, and will assist service controllers while undertaking several administrative tasks relating to the planning of the refrigeration unit maintenance schedules. They would also be expected to prepare all the completed worksheets ready for invoicing collating with the quotation information, as necessary. Other duties include:
- Use of different computer packages and web-based systems; the engineers are controlled and managed using electronic documents managed on a specialised web-based platform and use of this would be fundamental to the operation of the role.
- Processing documentation within the service office using MS office and Excel.
- Accurately answering and handling messages for the controllers.
- General office duties such as copying, scanning, filing and faxing.
Peter Staines Refrigeration Limited is a service company that maintains the transport refrigeration systems for vehicle fleet operators. The company employs 38 mobile engineers who are based throughout Southern England, and who are controlled by work planners based in Curdridge.
The engineer’s complete documents which are processed by a server-based system operating on the internet. The parts team are responsible for ensuring the parts required for repairs are available, both physically and on the system, for the engineers to use.
Peter Staines Refrigeration maintain the refrigeration units on the delivery fleets of many Foodservice businesses which includes Bidvest, Brakes, Waitrose, Ferryspeed and Best Food logistics. Peter Staines Refrigeration Limited trades as PSR and supports the environmentally friendly refrigeration systems manufactured by FRIGOBLOCK, who are the market leaders in Europe for low emission transport refrigeration systems. PSR are also the UK distributors for Euroscan temperature recording systems.
It is essential that the Administration Apprentice (Trainee Service Controller) is computer literate, including use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Other essential qualities include:
- Good legible handwriting; ability to complete forms and documents.
- Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to liaise effectively with other staff and suppliers.
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical terminology.
- A pleasant telephone manner and the ability to speak clearly is essential for the role.
- The ability to organise and plan work would be a distinct advantage
- The ability to work with minimum supervision.
It is desirable for applicants to have:
- A business qualification.
- An engineering or mechanical qualification.
- GCSEs in maths and English with at least a grade C / 4 are required.
- Potential future earnings up to £22,000.
- 21 day paid holidays in addition to Bank Holidays.
- PSR have previously recruited several administrative apprentices who continue to work for the Company.
- There is a rest area provided with free tea and coffee, but there are no catering facilities on site.
- There is the intention for a full-time permanent position to be offered to the suitable and successful candidate upon completion of the apprenticeship. 3 previous apprentices have progressed into full-time roles.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard.
- You will complete a 15 month apprenticeship which includes 10 days at the PETA training centre in Cosham.
- You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.
Apply for this Vacancy
To apply for this job vacancy, please complete the application form below. Once we have received your application, we will be in touch to discuss next steps.