PETA Ltd are looking to source an exceptional Engineering Technician Apprentice for our client, APEM in Winchester. If you want to develop a career in engineering and are interested in production, this apprenticeship could be ideal for you!
As an Engineering Production Technician Apprentice, you will work as part of a team to provide support and expertise for all areas of Engineering. This apprenticeship is designed to offer stretch and progression. You will eventually be able to work with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality, accuracy and timely delivery of the work you undertake. Once you have gained the required experience you will be proactive in finding solutions to problems and identifying areas for improvement.
As an Engineering Production Technician Apprentice, your main responsibility will be to assist with and manage the transition of new product designs from design engineering into production. This will include the design and manufacture of assembly aids, assembly fixtures, test fixtures. You will also learn how to produce documentation such as work instructions, wiring specifications and test specifications.
You will learn about production improvement techniques, such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement and implement these tools. You be working closely with our Engineering, Production, Purchasing and Quality Departments as well as with suppliers.
Since its creation in 1952, APEM has become one of the leading worldwide manufacturers of Human machine interfaces. The group is present in 10 countries and has a network of more than 130 distributors and agents on five continents. With production plants in Europe, America, Asia and North Africa, APEM achieves 67 % of its turnover from export markets.
To be considered for the role of Engineering Production Technician Apprentice, you will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Your motivation and drive are the assets that will be best appreciated.
- You will possess good communication skills with the ability to communicate with peers and management
- You will need to be open minded and willing to develop your knowledge and skills to support your future development
- Have good numerical, logical, organisational and analytical skills
- You will be IT literate
- You will be organised and work in a tidy, professional manner
- Have an excellent attention to detail
- Your logical approach to problem solving will enable you to perform to make a good contribution to all aspects of the job
- You will possess good interpersonal and written writing skills
- 5 GCSE's at grade C or above (or equivalents) to include Maths and English are essential.
- Auto-enrolled into the company pension scheme after qualification period
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (3 days to be taken at Christmas)
- Free parking on site
- Onsite restroom with kitchen facilities
- Overtime available
- There could be a permanent position for the right candidate on completion of your apprenticeship.
Training to be provided
This position is offered as an apprenticeship and you will be completing a Level 3 Engineering qualification. You will be employed directly by the client but be support every step of the way by PETA.
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training center for off-the-job training. The majority of skills development training in years 2, 3 and 4 will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
You will be employed whilst you are completing your apprenticeship this will include 18 months of day release training at PETA Ltd where you will complete your Level 2 (Foundation Competence) qualification. This will include:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
- Conducting business improvement activities
- General machining, fitting and assembly applications
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
- Assembling and testing electronic circuits
- General welding applications
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway and progress onto your Level 3 development programme and complete:
Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA Learning & Development Coach (30 months). During this time you will be day released for 24 months to complete a Technical certificate (Level 3) as part of your advanced apprenticeship standard. This will be the Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge).
Apply for this Vacancy
To apply for this job vacancy, please complete the application form below. Once we have received your application, we will be in touch to discuss next steps.