PETA Ltd are looking to source an exceptional Maintenance Engineer Apprentice for our client, Vitacress Herbs in Runcton.
If you want to develop a career in engineering and are interested in maintenance, this apprenticeship could be ideal for you!
As a Maintenance Engineer Apprentice, you will be:
- Positioning, assembling, installing and dismantling plant and equipment. Carrying out planned, unplanned and preventative maintenance procedures on plant and equipment.
- Replacing, repairing and/or removing components in plant and equipment and ensure its return to operational condition.
You will also learn how to diagnose and determine the cause of faults in plant and equipment.
Joining a team as a Maintenance Engineer Apprentice, you will work safely, learning how to locate and rectify faults on plant and equipment. In your new role, you:
- Will be communicating with and providing information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Will learn how to read, understand and interpret information and work in compliance with technical specifications and supporting documentation.
- Prepare work areas and reinstating those areas after the completion of the work-related activities.
- Inspect and maintain plant and equipment to meet operational requirements. Assess and test the performance and condition of plant and equipment.
Upon completion of work you will communicate, handover and confirm that the appropriate process has been completed.
Vitacress is the market leader in living and cut fresh herbs in the UK. Our cutting-edge herb nursery and packing facility in Runcton builds on our expertise supplying 20 million pots of living herbs and 60 million packs of cut and bunched herbs per year. We have some exciting automation projects that have already started with others in our future plans.
To be considered for the role of Maintenance Engineer Apprentice, you will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Your motivation and drive are the assets that will be best appreciated.
- You will possess good communication skills with the ability to communicate with peers and management
You will need to be open minded and willing to develop your knowledge and skills to support your future development
- You will have a good level of dexterity hand skills
- Demonstrate an interest in maintaining mechanical and electrical items is desirable
- You will have good hand to eye co-ordination and hand skills
- Your logical approach to problem solving will enable you to perform to make a good contribution to all aspects of the job
You need to be able to learn through instruction and experience.
- 3 GCSE's at grade C or above (or equivalents) to include Maths,and English are essential.
- Auto-enrolled into the company pension scheme after qualification period
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free parking on site
- Onsite restroom with kitchen facilities
There is opportunity for a full time role once the apprenticeship has been completed.
Training to be provided
This position is offered as an apprenticeship and you will be completing a Level 3 Engineering qualification. You will be employed directly by the client but be support every step of the way by PETA.
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training center for off-the-job training. The majority of skills development training in years 2, 3 and 4 will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
You will be employed whilst you are completing your apprenticeship this will include 12 months of day release training at PETA Ltd where you will complete your Level 2 (Foundation Competence) qualification. This will include:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway and progress onto your Level 3 development programme and complete:
Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA Learning & Development Coach (30 months). During this time you will be day released for 24 months to complete a Technical certificate (Level 3) as part of your advanced apprenticeship standard. This will be the Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge).
Apply for this Vacancy
To apply for this job vacancy, please complete the application form below. Once we have received your application, we will be in touch to discuss next steps.