PETA Ltd are looking to source an exceptional Maintenance Engineer Apprentice for our client, Natures Way Foods in Selsey.
If you want to develop a career in engineering and are interested in maintenance, this apprenticeship could be ideal for you!
If you are interested in taking things apart to find out how they work and are methodical, this is the role for you. As a Maintenance Engineer Apprentice, you will be:
- Positioning, assembling, installing, and dismantling plant and equipment. Carrying out planned, unplanned and preventative maintenance procedures on plant and equipment.
- Replacing, repairing and/or removing components in plant and equipment and ensure its return to operational condition.
You will also learn how to diagnose and determine the cause of faults in plant and equipment.
Joining team as a Maintenance Engineer Apprentice, you will be trained in electrical and mechanical maintenance gaining the competence to work on the equipment across our four sites.
- You will learn how to perform maintenance and breakdown repairs on mechanical, electrical and electronic production systems.
- You will learn how to diagnose faults on a wide range of equipment.
- You will learn how to maintain and update maintenance and equipment documentation.
- You will learn how to identify possible improvements that assist is implementing the companies continuous improvement programme.
- You will work in accordance with the companies safety procedures and learn to follow Health and Safety Legislation.
You will attend college and complete ALL course work to an acceptable standard and in a timely manner.
Here at Natures Way, we love food!
It all started in 1994 with bagged salad and now we are a leading and award winning manufacturer of fresh convenient food such as prepared salad, food to go, dressed salads, coleslaw and potato salad to name just a few, supplying to some of the UKs largest household name supermarkets and restaurants.
Operating at four sites on the scenic south coast, Natures Way Foods (NWF) is now one of the largest employers in the area. We're immensely proud to employ a diverse team of nearly 1200 talented, committed, and high performing people, valuing their individual strengths, talents, industry knowledge and experience.
To be considered for the role of Maintenance Engineer Apprentice, you will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Your motivation and drive are the assets that will be best appreciated.
- You will possess good communication skills with the ability to communicate with peers and management
You will need to be open minded and willing to develop your knowledge and skills to support your future development
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Good written skills to ensure college and on-site reports are legible and understandable.
- A developing analytical approach to explain problems and their causes.
- An interest to improve systems
- Willing to learn and actively challenge/question.
- Good cognitive skills.
- Must be willing to work flexibly in a Production environment.
- Drive to improve your manual skills and personal development.
Interest in the company and your potential impact on the brand.
- 3 GCSE's at grade C or above (or equivalents) to include Maths,and English are essential.
- A competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Company pension
- 22 shifts holiday
- Healthcare package
- Life Assurance policy
- Plenty of development and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Exclusive online benefits and discounts
- Free parking available across all sites
There is opportunity for a full time role once the apprenticeship has been completed.
Training to be provided
This position is offered as an apprenticeship and you will be completing a Level 3 Engineering qualification. You will be employed directly by the client but be support every step of the way by PETA.
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training center for off-the-job training. The majority of skills development training in years 2, 3 and 4 will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
You will be employed whilst you are completing your apprenticeship this will include 12 months of day release training at PETA Ltd where you will complete your Level 2 (Foundation Competence) qualification. This will include:
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
- Using and communicating technical information
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway and progress onto your Level 3 development programme and complete:
Level 3 Advanced Engineering (Development Competence) delivered in the workplace by your PETA Learning & Development Coach (30 months). During this time you will be day released for 24 months to complete a Technical certificate (Level 3) as part of your advanced apprenticeship standard. This will be the Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge).
Apply for this Vacancy
To apply for this job vacancy, please complete the application form below. Once we have received your application, we will be in touch to discuss next steps.