PETA Ltd are proud to be working with Elliotts, a leading builders’ merchant, to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice.
Earn whilst you learn and join a business which is dedicated to help you reach your potential. Like many of our previous apprentices, join our team and become part of our success to help drive our business forward. Elliotts are looking for candidates who would like an admin role which is not governed to a sitting behind a desk.
Don’t delay, apply for the Business Administration Apprentice role today!
This diverse role offers a customer facing approach in a busy builders’ merchant whilst covering the support aspects needed to ensure a streamlined business function. Elliotts love to invest in their staff; if the Business Administration Apprentice has done well in branch and with their studies, then there will be the chance to gain a permanent contract and progress with their career.
As a Business Administration Apprentice, you will be at the heart of our business and based in one of our local branches. From here you will learn everything there is to know about how a successful merchant branch and kitchen & bathroom showroom is run. Whilst doing so, all your learning experiences will adhere to the standards assigned to the Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship with the help of our learning partner, PETA Ltd. You will also be exposed to other divisions and areas of our business throughout your apprenticeship to help with your all-round development.
General duties of the Business Administration Apprentice will include:
- Learning about the products and services that we offer to our customers
- Communicating with customers both face to face, via the phone and by email
- Assisting with invoicing and other administrative tasks
- Accurately taking messages and responding
- Supporting accurate stock control reporting to the Branch Manager
- Working closely with various departments and offering support to other branches
- Supporting the branch in adhering to Health & Safety regulations
- Assisting with pricing and quoting on a range of materials and services for customers
- Using various IT platforms such as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel as well as an internal system (IntactIQ) to input data and look up products to order via online catalogues
Training will be given on the tasks outlined above
Here at Elliotts, we’re clearly doing something right…. We’ve been around for 178 years, helping our customers build. Our Managing Director, Tom, is the great-great-great grandson of our founder.
Our customers continue to choose us because we can supply anything they need to build a house. They choose us because we treat them like human beings, creating a strong relationship and building loyalty. And when things go wrong, (because we don’t live in a perfect world), we do more than anyone else to fix it.
Elliotts place high value on their staff as they are one of the key factors that have made and continue to make the company as successful as it is. Fresh ideas via apprenticeships have also played a pivotal role and featured as part of the business model for many years with former apprentices progressing into permanent employment and exposed to further development opportunities.
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity, click to apply for the Business Administration Apprentice position.
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- Annual profit share bonus
- 22 days annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Employee support helpline/services
- Elliotts love to invest in their staff; if the Business Administration Apprentice has done well in branch and with their studies, then there will be the chance to gain a permanent contract and progress with their career.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- You will complete a 15 month apprenticeship which includes 10 days at the PETA training centre in Cosham
- You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.
Apply for this Vacancy
To apply for this job vacancy, please complete the application form below. Once we have received your application, we will be in touch to discuss next steps.