PETA Training are proud to be working with Formaplex Limited, looking to source an exceptional Maintenance Apprentice for their organisation. If you have any further enquiries into this role, please contact the PETA Engagement Team on 023 9253 8724.
An Apprenticeship is a great opportunity to start or develop your career with a salaried job and free training.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment. You will learn about all aspects of electromechanical maintenance learning to look after the injection moulding equipment, conveyors and other specialist manufacturing and production equipment. You will also learn about PLC controls and all other aspects of facilities maintenance
We’re a dynamic fast-paced, flexible and friendly team and we’re going places to achieve this, we put our people first by investing in training and skills development. It benefits the individuals as well as the business.
• Learn how to work safely following company procedures, complying with industry health, safety, environmental working practices and regulations
• You will receive training and on the job experience to maintain plant and machinery utilising
• Become competent reading technical documentation and specifications
• You will work planned, reactive and pro-active maintenance schedules
• Learn how to maintain, Injection Moulding plant, compressors, dryers, vacuum feed systems, specialised assembly equipment and undertake facilities maintenance.
• Learn about PLCs, Instrumentation, Electronic Drives and various sizes of motors
• Once you have completed your training and gained enough experience you will become capable of diagnosing faults on a wide range of equipment. Undertaking fault diagnosis in a logical way, identifying the root cause of faults and then putting in place with the team measures to improve reliability
• You must be able to explain problems and how they were dealt with clearly and concisely
• Attend college / PETA and complete coursework on time and to the required standard.
• Take on additional responsibility in years 2, 3 and 4.
• This is a production orientated business teamwork takes priority
• The company are located in Portsmouth, you must be able to get yourself here reliably
• Excellent communications skills are required as this job entails daily contact with all personnel and the maintenance manager
• This will include written communication skills enabling you to complete maintenance reports
• Awareness of health and safety considerations.
• You will be organised and work in a tidy, professional manner
• Have an excellent attention to detail
• Have good numerical, logical, organisational and analytical skills
• You will be computer literate
• Once trained you will be able to work effectively when supervised, with the flexibility to work on your own initiative when required
• Self-starter, proactive, prepared to take the initiative
• A genuine interest in maintenance with aspirations to become fully competent electrical maintenance engineering specialist
• A self-starter and good team worker
• You must be able to work flexibly in respect of requirements of the post
• Commit to further training and personal development
• You will demonstrate an interest in Formpalex and the wider manufacturing industry
• Willing to work flexible hours including undertaking shift work in the apprenticeship
• Minimum of 2 GCSEs or equivalent (inc Math’s, English) at Grade C
• BTEC or relevant Engineering qualification is desirable
• A Level qualifications or equivalents in relevant subject including math’s or science will be looked upon favourably
• Auto-enrolled into the Company pension scheme after qualification period
• 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Free parking on site
• Onsite canteen
• Overtime available
• Become a valued member of a highly skilled team
• Progression and development opportunities
• Career pathways for the right candidates
• Excellent rewards with performance related pay structure
Training to be provided
• During the foundation phase (12 months day release) you will complete your Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations (Foundation Competence) at the PETA Ltd Engineering Training Centre in Havant (5 minute walk from Havant Railway Station), consisting of the following units:
• Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety
• Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
• Using and communicating technical information
• Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
• Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
• Producing components using hand fitting techniques
You will then pass through the foundation Gateway and progress onto your Level 3 development programme and complete:
A BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (Development Knowledge) requiring two years of day release, and a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced
Maintenance Engineering (Development Competence), completed within the workplace
Apply for this Vacancy
To apply for this job vacancy, please complete the application form below. Once we have received your application, we will be in touch to discuss next steps.