PETA Training are proud to be working with Metspin Ltd, looking to source an exceptional Metal Spinning Apprentice for their organisation. If you have any further enquiries into this role, please contact the PETA Engagement Team on 023 9253 8724.
An Apprenticeship is a great opportunity to start or develop your career with a salaried job and free training.
You will be learning how to set up and use manual metal spinning lathes. This is a highly skilled process that changes the shape of sheet metal into complex cylindrical shapes using mandrels and form tools. This is a very hands on role in a manufacturing process used to create parts for engineering and decorative purposes.
MetSpin is a “customer first business” their modern workshop in Southbourne houses some specialised spinning machines including fully automatic PNC machines. The management team are committed to the training and development of young people
• You will learn about the different manufacturing processes on site before becoming part of the metal spinning team
• You will experience how the company interacts with its clients and how projects are taken from inception through design to the delivery of the customer’s designs
• Your role will primarily focus on learning how to machine products using the spinning lathes on site
• The role will include setting up work holding devices, selecting appropriate forming tools and adjusting parameters to ensure parts are manufactured effectively
• You will gain an insight into the problems experienced by the production team
• Once competent you will be able to consider and anticipate possible problems
• Metspin are located in Southbourne, you must be able to get yourself here reliably
• You must be able to work in a team environment with the ability to follow written and verbal instructions demonstrating a good eye for detail
• You will also need to develop good communication skills and be computer literate
• You will need to be accurate and thorough in your approach to work with an ability to communicate on a technical level with peers and management
• Working effectively as part of a team, you will also need to demonstrate initiative and be able to work independently
• You will be physically fit with good levels of stamina
• Good written and spoken communication skills, punctual, reliable and responsible
• Well organised, good at planning ahead and can meet deadlines
• You will need to be focused, self-motivated with an ambition to succeed
• A “can do” positive attitude coupled with a good level of communication skills will enable you to realise your ambition to develop new skills
• Minimum of 2 GCSE’s at grade C (4) or above including English and maths
• 20 days paid holiday and 8 statutory days holiday
• Progression routes within the company for the right candidate
• Free on-site car parking
• Metspin are looking to reward and support your development. They want you to realise your full potential, as the company see the apprenticeship programme as being a key part of their succession planning aiming to develop a skilled and knowledgeable team.
Training to be provided
• Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend PETA’s Havant training centre for off-the-job training. The majority of skills development training will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
• You will be employed whilst you are completing your apprenticeship this will include 13 months of day release training at PETA Ltd where you will complete your Level 2 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence) qualification. This will include:
• Working safely
• Interpreting technical information
• Working efficiently and effectively
• Preparing and using manual turning machines
• Preparing and using manual milling machines
• Preparing and using CNC milling machines
• Preparing and using CNC turning machines
You will also complete the Level 2 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Technical Knowledge).
The apprenticeship duration will be 15 months overall including End Point assessment
You will also achieve Functional Skills in Math’s and English at level 1 (if you have not already achieved C+ or a Grade 4+ in these disciplines)
Apply for this Vacancy
To apply for this job vacancy, please complete the application form below. Once we have received your application, we will be in touch to discuss next steps.