PETA Training are proud to be working with ETA Connect, looking to source an exceptional mechanical apprentice for their organisation. This is an exciting role based in Portsmouth with the opportunity to travel world wide learning how to follow procedures and specifications “join” high voltage cables to meet the high standards for deep sea applications.
ETA design and build specialist equipment for the installation and maintenance of submarine cables, umbilical’s, and pipelines. The company is focussed on establishing a talent pipeline, they want to ensure that the business has the skilled staff it needs
• The future of this role will involve travel U.K wide with international trips • Learn how to work safely at all times • Become competent joining high voltage cables • Learn how to assemble cable hubs for a range of offshore applications • Become competent building auxilliary systems and assemblies to drawings and specifications • After training you will be working as part of team travelling to offshore wind farms tidal power generation sites • Become competent diagnosing faults and conducting repairs in line with company guidelines • Complete reports identifying all work undertaken • Learn other skills such as Fibro optic cable splicing • Learn how to assemble other equipment such as underwater machinery
• The company is located on the Hilsea Industrial Estate, you will need to be able get here reliably • The company offers flexible working hours e.g start at 08.00 and finish at 16.00 hrs • This role involves travel with possible overnight stays away. • You will need to hold or have plans to achieve a full driving license for this position.
• A basic knowledge of electrical and electronics will be advantageous • Good basic hand skills and an interest in assembly is required • You will also need good communication skills, • A logical approach to problem solving • Ambitious with a strong team working ethos
• You will have good written and spoken communication skills be punctual, reliable and responsible • You will work well as a team member, be able to work effectively with a wide variety of people and be willing to assist when required • Well organised, good at planning ahead and can meet deadlines. • You will need to be focused and self-motivated • You will be physically fit • Be safety conscious
• A minimum requirement of 2 GCSE’s at a C grade or above including English and Math’s is required. • You will be expected to progress and become a key member of the team
• 20 days paid holiday and 8 statutory days holiday • Progression routes within the company for the right candidate • Free on-site car parking • Staff kitchen and eating area • Overtime available
• ETA want you to become a valued member of their team • National and International travel • Performance related pay
Training to be provided
• During the 15 month programme you will be day released for 13 months to complete a Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (Foundation Competence) at the PETA Ltd Engineering Training Centre in Havant (5 minute walk from Havant Railway Station), consisting of the following units: • Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements • Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment • Using and communicating technical information • Producing components using hand fitting techniques • Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment • Maintaining electrical equipment/systems • Assembly and Testing Electronic Circuits • You will then pass through a gateway and progress onto the End Point Assessment phase of the programme • You will complete a medical before undertaking the offshore survival course
Apply for this Vacancy
To apply for this job vacancy, please complete the application form below. Once we have received your application, we will be in touch to discuss next steps.