PETA Training are proud to be working with Hexatronic UK Ltd, looking to source an exceptional Technical Apprentice for their organisation. If you have any further enquiries into this role, please contact the PETA Engagement Team on 023 9253 8724. This is an exciting opportunity to learn how to design , develop and build prototype products.
If you have a great eye for detail, enjoy working to schedules and resolving problems this is the role for you. You will be working within the design team undertaking the original design and bespoking of passive fibre optic cabling hardware. This is a mechanical design and development opportunity working in a fast paced environment.
Hexatronic UK Ltd develop, manufacture, markets and provides solutions within the fibre optic cable infrastructure sector, for telecom companies. We design, develop and manufacture passive fibre optic connectivity solutions.
• Gain an understanding of the technical aspects of the design teams’ activities
• Learn about how fibre optic cable systems work
• Become competent using Solidworks 3D modelling software
• Learn how to undertake the design and modifications to a range of Hexatronic products.
• Gain an understanding of how cable terminations, link boxes, joints and splitter hubs work
• Learn how to complete supporting documentation
• Eventually become able to support the development of procedures and processes to improve the efficiency of the design area
• Become competent in monitoring processes using root cause analysis and problem-solving tools to effectively resolve issues
• Learn how to identify cost effective interventions to solve problems
• Become responsible in accordance with scheduled requirements and effectively communicate any changes to internal customers
• Learn how to make a contribution to a range of projects and work collaboratively with the sites engineering team
• Attend college / PETA and complete coursework on time and to the required standard
• Take on additional responsibility in years 2, 3 and 4
Hexatronic UK designs, manufactures and distributes innovative solutions and components for telecommunications networks, specifically within passive fibre optic infrastructure along with customized product development and on-site production and manufacturing. Their products are mainly used in the fixed line telecom, FTTH, FTTB, Data Centre, mobile and submarine networks.
• You will be dextrous with a desire to undertake the practical aspects of this role
• Have good communication skills
• You will be organised and work in a tidy, professional manner
• Have an excellent attention to detail
• You will possess good interpersonal and written skills
• Have good numerical, logical, organisational and analytical skills
• You will be computer literate
• Once trained you will be able to work effectively when supervised, with the ability to work on your own initiative when required
• You will have a flexible approach with the ability to think on your feet.
• A genuine interest in design with aspiration to become an engineering specialist
• You must be able to work flexibly in respect of the requirements of the post
• Commit to further training and personal development
• You will demonstrate an interest in Hexatronic and the wider manufacturing industry
• Minimum of 4 GCSEs or equivalent (inc Math’s, English, Science) at Grade C
• BTEC or relevant Engineering qualification is desirable
• A Level qualifications or equivalents in relevant subject including math’s or science will be looked upon favourably
• Auto-enrolled into the Company pension scheme after qualification period
• 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (3 days to be taken at Christmas)
• Free parking on site
• Onsite restroom with kitchen facilities
• Become a valued member of a highly skilled team
• Progression and development opportunities
• Support through HE qualifications
• Career pathways for the right candidates
• Excellent rewards with performance related pay structure
Training to be provided
• During the foundation phase (18 months day release) you will complete a Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (Foundation Competence) at the PETA Ltd Engineering Training Centre in Havant (5 minute walk from Havant Railway Station), consisting of the following units:
• Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
• Working efficiently and effectively in an engineering environment
• Using and communicating technical information
• Producing CAD models (drawings) using a CAD system
• Conducting business improvement activities
• General machining, fitting and assembly applications
• Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
• Maintaining electrical equipment/systems
• Assembling and testing electronic circuits
• General welding applications
• You will then pass through the foundation Gateway and progress onto your Level 3 development programme and complete:
• A BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Development Knowledge), requiring two years of day release and a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Technician (Development Competence), completed within the workplace
Apply for this Vacancy
To apply for this job vacancy, please complete the application form below. Once we have received your application, we will be in touch to discuss next steps.