IT Trainer Assessor (Ref: CT317)
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary: Available on Request
Applications in by: 31/01/2017
Interview Date: To be advised
Job Code: CT317
An exciting position has arisen to join our team of ICT Trainer/Assessors spanning our government funded and commercial course provision, located at our prestigious facility in Cosham, Portsmouth.
Offering a wide portfolio of training, qualifications and courses, you will be primarily responsible for supporting a cohort of IT Apprentices, studying Infrastructure Technician, Network Engineer, Digital Marketer and Software Developer standards. The role will require you to visit Apprentices in the work place and provide a coach and mentoring programme that leads individuals successfully and timely towards the completion of requirements to meet End Point Assessment process.
To create a successful partnership between the learner, employer and PETA, you will need to be:
- Confident and competent in explaining Apprenticeships to employers and how they work in practical terms
- Able, in conjunction with the employer and learner, to develop realistic and achievable learning plans that combine ‘on’ and ‘off’ the job training activities and work related outcomes
- Results driven, monitoring progress and implementing corrective strategies should the learners progress not be on track
- Focused on quality, working to exacting standards as set by government, award and regulatory bodies in the delivery of Apprenticeships
The successful candidate will be expected to manage their own time and diary efficiently, and work within a small team, in developing the curriculum and where required, acting as contingency support for classroom delivery and exam invigilation.
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate occupational competence from hands on experience in a technical ICT role, combined with a background in training and assessing ICT qualifications. You should also hold or as part of the role, work towards a relevant teaching qualification and Assessor Award.
As you will be working with learners from 16 years plus through to clients attending our commercial courses, the ability to relate to and communicate well with a wide age range is crucial. A DBS Registration and Disclosure is required.
Learners will be based in individual employer premises and therefore a full driving licence and use of car is essential.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Experience in ICT Systems and Networks
- Level 3 ICT qualification or equivalent
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy
- Good understanding of IT Apprenticeships
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Experience of working with young people
- Full driving licence and use of own car
Desirable requirements for this role:
- Assessor qualification
- Teaching qualification
- Experience in applications training (Microsoft office)
- Experience of working in a learning environment