IT Technical Sales Person (Ref: CT327)
Location: Cosham, Hampshire
Salary: Available on Request
Applications in by: 21/02/2020
Interview Date: W/C 3 March 2020
Job Code: CT327
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our highly successful IT Training Department based in Portsmouth.
As one of the region’s largest and most successful Group Training Association’s, our reputation for quality and professionalism has garnered an enviable track record in the delivery of training, reflected in the excellent results attained by our delegates and learners.
Our IT training provision includes popular Microsoft, ITIL, CIW and BCS courses and services and is delivered through our suite of short course, technical vendor certificated courses and Technical, Digital and Software Apprenticeships.
We are now seeking a confident and results driven individual with excellent communication and organisational skills who thrives in a pro-active environment and who holds the ability to seek opportunities to build our business and engage with employers positioning how IT training can power their business forward, providing the training solutions through our open, bespoke and Apprenticeships options.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to share in the thrill of our on-going mission. We offer a superb team working environment, good benefits and a shared belief as to the importance of training and developing people.
This role will be based at the in Cosham, with travel to employer, networking or key events in Hampshire and the surrounding areas. As this role requires local travel, possession of a car and a current driving licence is essential. In return, a travel allowance of 45 pence per mile will be paid.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary with excellent benefits including 32 days annual leave (includes 8 days Bank Holidays), free on-site parking, pension, generous life assurance and discretionary sickness absence scheme.
The key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Increase our business through developing sales opportunities with local business
- Apply technical IT knowledge to offering solutions that meet customers’ needs
- Manage leads from the enquiry, to proposal and through to sales closure
- Maintain and develop relationships with customers to promote sustained business
- Representing the company at trade exhibitions and events
- Providing a high-quality celebrity service to our customers
Essential requirements for this role:
Required skills and expertise:
- A solid technical background in IT and/or hold Microsoft qualifications and/or experience
- Proven experience generating new sales and managing client expectations
- Positive attitude toward work with sound judgement and good business sense
- Experience of selling to the small, medium and large business market is essential
- Sound ability to produce business communication (proposals, letters, promotions)
- A good appreciation of training within the business context
- Organisational skills specifically in managing leads and training interventions
- An open minded and aspiring attitude toward work