Sales Consultant -Health and Safety Training (Ref: HS318)
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
Salary: Available on Request
Applications in by: 15/02/2019
Interview Date: 26/02/2019
Job Code: HS318
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our highly successful Health and Safety Training Department based in Portsmouth.
We are passionate about health and safety training and educating employers as to the benefits of setting high standards for their business. We are now seeking a confident and driven individual who has excellent communication and organisational skills and thrives on pro-active engagement with customers to promote our safety, health, environmental and lift truck courses and services.
As one of the region’s largest and most successful training providers with a strong reputation for quality and professionalism and an enviable track record in the delivery of training and advisory services, this role offers an excellent opportunity to share in the thrill of our on-going success with the potential for permanent employment. We offer a superb team working environment, with good benefits and a shared belief as to the importance of training and developing people.
The key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Build positive working relationships with employers, through self-initiated or responsive employer engagement to promote health and safety courses and services
- Manage sales leads ensuring a swift response and proposals that are an accurate reflection of customer needs, converting these to booked business to achieve realistic sales targets
- Develop a group of ‘accounts’, building customer relationships and keeping employers appraised of courses and events, through face-to-face meetings and communications
- Represent, promote and sell the Company's various services through telemarketing, networking and attending relevant events/forums
- Co-ordinate the training process from diary management of the training team through to evaluating the service delivery with the employer once the training is complete
- Thrives on people interaction with the ability to engage customers and present a positive image through their self-confident and professional interpersonal skills
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills, with a results-oriented drive to go that one step further to exceed objectives and goals
- Self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude, able to pick up a task, situation or problem and use their initiative, determination and personal drive to bring this to a successful conclusion
This role will be based at the PETA training facilities in Cosham, with travel to employer, networking or key events in Hampshire. As this role requires local travel, possession of a car and a current driving licence is essential. In return, a travel allowance of 45 pence per mile will be paid.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary with excellent benefits including 34 days annual leave (includes 8 days Bank Holidays), free on-site parking, pension, generous life assurance and discretionary sickness absence scheme.
Essential requirements for this role:
- Health and Safety qualification and/or experience, ideally but not essentially, qualified to NEBOSH General Certificate standard
- English and Maths, to a GCSE or equivalent Grade C or above
- Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Strong commercial awareness
- Excellent presentation skills
- Sound ability to produce business communication (proposals, letters, promotions)
- A good appreciation of training within the business context
- Organisational skills specifically in managing leads and training interventions
- Adept in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint