Are you ready for the Apprenticeship Levy?
This is the question we have been asking many of our client companies, particularly as these reforms are the widest ranging changes for over a decade and will become effective on 6 April 2017.
Our new Apprenticeship Levy – Managed Service Solution will take the pain out of the Levy and show you how you can maximise your return on investment and offset it against your current learning and development budget.
Our early morning breakfast workshops will help you understand these changes, but more importantly, provide you with ideas and suggestions for the development of a robust Apprenticeship strategy.
Did you know?
- The Apprenticeship Levy starts on 6 April 2017
- Apprenticeship frameworks are changing to Standards
- End-Point Assessments are to be introduced
- Private providers scored 84% in a recent SFA employer satisfaction survey, whilst colleges’ ratings scored a full 10% lower
- If your payroll is over £3 million you will be subject to paying the Levy (0.5% of payroll) through PAYE
- Levy funds will be available through a new digital service
- First funds appear in your account on 1 May 2017
- You can register for this account from January 2017
- Employers have an allowance of £15,000 to offset against levy
- A 10% Government Top Up will be applied
- Funds in your Digital Account will expire after 24 months
- Levy payers with insufficient funds must co-invest 10%
SME and Micro Employers
- Non-levy employers will be required to co-invest
- You will have to contribute 10% to the cost of training, the Government will contribute 90%
- You will receive £1,000 incentive for Apprentices aged 16-18
- Employers with less than 50 employees will have 100% of their training costs covered if the Apprentice is aged 16-18
In the new year we will be holding free workshops to enable employers to practically manage
their Apprenticeship Levy.
Dates are to be announced, so please register your interest now.
Call: 023 9253 8724
The PETA Management Training and
Conference Centre, One Access Point,
Northarbour Road, Portsmouth PO6 3TE
Call: 023 9253 8724