PETA celebrates 100% distinction pass rate

team-leader-supervisor-apprentices

PETA are celebrating a clean sweep of distinctions after their first group of management apprentices completed their End-Point Assessments (EPA).

The nine learners have recently completed the Level 3 Team Leader Supervisor Apprenticeship. The 14-month programme consists of regular taught training days at PETA’s Portsmouth-based training centre as well as on-the-job training from the employer.

The approach offers benefits to the learners as they gain hands-on training alongside valuable qualifications, and to the employers as they are able to tailor the training to ensure the apprentice is ready for the intended role at the end of it.

The apprentices selected for this programme were existing employees from within the participating organisations, who were chosen for this training to upskill them ready for a new elevated role.

Philip Mirner, Manager for Management and General Training said: “One of the great things about this apprenticeship is that it’s all about recognising talent from within your organisation and nurturing that.  The programme upskills the learner’s knowledge as well as teaching them how to utilise that knowledge in the workplace.”

The apprentices are Vikki Bacchioni from Serecor Solutions, Clair Thompson and Kate Kelly from STR, Catherine Smith from ProQuest, Katie Osborn and Tim Piercy from Garmin, Jessica Goodyear from Linet UK, Danielle Wood from Zehnder Group UK Ltd and Steven Bailey from Inchcape Fleet Solutions

Philip added: “The apprentices come from different backgrounds and industries, but they all got behind the theory and discovered how they could embed it into their working practices. They all applied themselves really well and all came away with a distinction, which is fantastic.”

During the programme, the apprentices received 1-1 support from Leadership Coach Elaine Kling-Moger. They had to complete assignments throughout the apprenticeship as well as a portfolio to demonstrate their understanding of management and leadership theories and how these are applied in the workplace.

Apprentice Kate Kelly said: “Right from the beginning of the course I could feel my confidence building and I was already starting to apply my learnings to my day-to-day work. My line managers and peers commented that they could see improvements in my management and leadership skills and I was awarded a promotion to Finance Support Manager in January, which was a fantastic achievement and a direct result of my CMI course. When I received my distinction I felt immense pride in myself as I worked extremely hard. The support I received from Elaine, PETA and my employer STR was invaluable and I would have struggled to achieve what I did without their support.”

Many of the employers utilised the Apprenticeship Levy to put their employees through the programme, which makes it very cost effective for medium and large organisations.

Changes to the way apprenticeship funding works were announced last week and includes the new ‘co-investment’ rate to support employers who don’t pay the levy (smaller companies). For new apprenticeship starts from 1 April 2019, employers will pay just 5% of the cost of apprenticeship training, and the government will pay the remaining 95%, up to the funding band maximum.

PETA offers many apprenticeship programmes in other subject areas such as business, engineering, health and safety and ICT. The Safety, Health and Environment Technician (SHE) Apprenticeship offers your nominated champion the chance to develop their knowledge in many areas including SHE Management Systems, Hazards and Risks, Inspections and Monitoring Systems, Accident/Incidents and Promoting a positive Safety Culture.

We also offer many ICT apprenticeship programmes. You could become or employ an infrastructure technician, network engineer, software development technician or digital marketer with the help of a PETA apprenticeship.  The IT industry is constantly changing meaning businesses require expert support in these areas, so an apprenticeship could be invaluable.

Discover what apprenticeship opportunities PETA could offer you today!

Photo: Kate Kelly (left) Clair Thompson (right)

« All News Articles


Our Courses and Services