This workshop is only available to those organisations who have recruited a PETA apprentice.
This workshop is aimed at individuals who have responsibility for supporting a PETA apprentice throughout their apprenticeship. Whether the individual is new to coaching and mentoring or would like to attend as a refresher, this workshop is essential.
- Introduction to Apprenticeships
- What are the benefits of an Apprenticeship?
- What do Apprenticeships involve?
- The Role of the Workplace Coach and Mentor
- What is a Mentor?
- What is a Coach?
- The coaching and mentoring relationship
- What does a Workplace Coach and Mentor do?
- What skills and qualities does a Workplace Coach and Mentor need?
- GROW model for business coaching
- How people learn
- Induction for Apprentices
- Working with PETA Limited
- Training plans
- The assessment process
- Reviewing and recording progress
- Providing witness testimonies
- Have a good knowledge of apprenticeships and how they work
- Be equipped with the skills and knowledge to successfully mentor an Apprentice
- Understand how the apprentice, mentor and Training Provider relationship works
Member companies are eligible for one free place per year for this course when recruiting a PETA apprentice.