This course will equip managers, team leaders and supervisors with the skills required to coach people to develop or improve performance whilst learning on the job.
- The definitions of mentoring and coaching and the differences between them
- The skills and qualities of a good coach
- Recognising the value of a coaching system
- Structuring a plan, creating a programme
- Creating trust and rapport
- Questioning and listening skills
- Setting goals and targets – creating empowerment
- Giving feedback and support
- Building and maintaining motivation
- Potential pitfalls and handling setbacks
Develop the skills required to coach staff at all levels of the business through improved performance and a clear and concise communication strategy that will impact key business critical outputs, motivation and morale of staff and improve retention levels.