This course is for people tasked with briefing and managing contractors, to ensure compliance with Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015, which govern the legal compliance for commissioning construction works.
- What constitutes a contractor?
- Health and safety law and statutory duties
- Selecting and managing contractors in practice
- Planning; risk assessment, safe systems of work
- Steps; prior to, during and on completion
- General management duties applying to construction projects
- Additional duties; CDM Regulations
- Duties relating to health and safety on construction sites
- Liabilities, enforcement in respect of fire, transitional provisions
- Pre-construction information
- Construction phase plan
- Health and safety file
- Competence and training
Ensuring compliance with legal requirements; responsibilities of all parties, including duty holders in construction projects. This course will increase competence within the business: How to plan, communicate, consult, educate and engage contractors to promote compliance. The delegates will gain the knowledge to monitor and review contractor performance to reduce incidents or accidents occurring.