For operators who already have 6 months experience or more in operating Counterbalance Lift Trucks, this course builds on that practical experience, providing the knowledge and legislative context for operating equipment in compliance with regulations and best practice.
- Legislation and the Operators’ Safety Code
- Lift truck stability and weight assessment
- Introduction to the lift truck:
- Operator user checks
- Recording the defects
- Developing driving skills:
- Operator practice
- Start, stop and manoeuvring
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Stack and de-stack procedures
- Stacking and de-stacking of pallets in varying conditions
Qualified staff are refreshed in best practice reducing the potential for accidents or incidents. Operators are updated in changing legislative requirements to promote continued compliance. Competence in the correct loading, unloading, stacking and de-stacking procedures is maintained.