This course is for new operators of lift truck equipment (specifically counterbalance trucks), holding no or limited, prior experience of operating this type of equipment.
- Legislation and the Operators’ Safety Code
- Lift truck stability and weight assessment
- Introduction to the lift truck:
- Operator user checks
- Recording the defects
- Developing driving skills:
- Operator practice
- Start, stop and manoeuvring
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Stack and de-stack procedures
- Stacking and de-stacking of pallets in varying conditions
Counterbalance truck operators are qualified to a national standard as recommended by the HSE. Operators are trained to carry out systematic and thorough lift truck user checks prior to operation. Re-assurance the safe and correct loading, unloading, stacking and de-stacking procedures are being used.