Embracing equality, diversity and inclusion will enrich the talent within a business. Implementing a strategy requires an appreciation of the legal requirements of the Equality Act 2010, and this course is perfect for providing the foundation for those developing policies and practices.
- The Equality Act 2010 and responsibilities under the Act
- Understanding the nine protected characteristics
- The different types of discrimination and where to look for risk
- The ever-changing entitlement to flexible working / family friendly rights
- Handling complaints fairly and reasonably at work through the review of relevant case law
- Review of own policies and procedures
Critically review own policies and procedures to ensure they are current and inclusive so that there is a clear adherence to current legislation underpinning the Equality Act 2010 and reduce the risk of costly employment issues and tribunals from aggrieved staff.