Aimed at those who are required to undertake fire risk assessments, this course offers an ideal introduction and foundation to the basic principles and steps required to be compliant with legislation.
- Understanding the risk and outcomes of fire
- The legal and moral position
- Chemistry of fire:
- fire triangle, chemical reactions
- causes and spread of fire
- Fire detection and warning systems
- Signage (types, location, size)
- Means of escape; defining and assessing
- Fire suppression systems; reducing the risk of spread
- Portable firefighting equipment; making escape
- Emergency lighting
- Conducting a fire risk assessment (suitable and sufficient)
To be able to identify and act proactively to remove possible causes and contributors to fire in the workplace. Offers internal capability to conduct fire risk assessments to educate others and create a safety culture. Also having the ability in an emergency to select and use equipment and take the right action should a fire occur.