This course is designed for employees who are designated to react in a fire or emergency and ensure that premises are evacuated quickly and safely, acting as your eyes and ears in pointing out potential day-to-day risks that may hinder fire safety.
- Fire; the chemistry and spread
- Causes and classes of fire
- Heat/ignition sources
- Methods of fire extinction
- Fixed equipment
- Emergency escape; information and evacuation
- A fire warden’s duties
- Reporting hazards and risks
- Training; drills, exercises and tests
- Practical experience in the use of a fire extinguisher
This course will ensure resources are in place to promote a safe and effective evacuation in the case of a fire emergency. Risks to harm are reduced as areas are effectively checked to ensure people are clear of the premises. Wardens are also equipped to use fire extinguishers in the necessity of gaining a safe exit from premises.