Nominated personnel tasked with responding to accident or incident situations, where first aid needs to be administered swiftly and with confidence.
- Role and responsibilities of the First Aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing casualty situations:
- unresponsive, in shock, choking
- external bleeding, minor injury
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) use
- Conducting a secondary survey
- Administering first aid to a casualty with:
- bone/muscle/joint injuries
- suspected head and spinal injuries
- chest injuries, burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- sudden poisoning and anaphylaxis
- a suspected major illness
To give priority response to first aid situations. Vital seconds count and having internal capability means a response when Emergency Services may be delayed. Trained staff have increased awareness of hazards offering a potential reduction in accidents occurring.