Larger organisations may have several lift truck operators. At times, it makes sense to consider having an in-house capability to train lift truck operators. This accredited course will instil solid principles of practical and theory-based training. It is offered at two levels; a full Instructors course (10 days), for those new to instructing others and a re-qualification course (3-5 days dependent on the number of participants) for existing Instructors who must demonstrate they remain competent to instruct to current standards.
- Corrective tuition and driver safety test
- Practical test
- Legislation in context
- Basic principles and role of the Instructor
- Principles of instruction
- Simple skills analysis
- Classroom demonstration and administration
- Daily safety checks and operating practice
- Truck familiarisation
- Operating and corrective tuition
- Guided preparation for a practical lesson plan
- Deliver practical lesson plan to a trainee
- Feedback on strengths and weaknesses
- Introduction to the test
- Guidance throughout on all aspects of practical lesson preparation, use of marking sheets, practical test and certification of operators
Reduced costs and increased flexibility to train operators with your own Instructors, in your own facility rather than outsource the training. On-site continuing observation and guidance, mentoring operators in applying to best practice standards and compliance to Lift Truck operations. Development of a safe and effective operating culture, with standards being continuously applied.
Delegates must hold a valid accredited operator’s certificate dated within the last 6 months and hold at least 12 months’ operating experience.