Designated and qualified instructors need to keep their skills current in order to train others in the use of Lift Trucks. This course complies with the recommendations of the Health & Safety Executive’s Approved Code of Practice and guidance for rider operated lift trucks operator training and safe use (L117).
- Corrective tuition and driver safety test
- Practical test
- Legislation in context
- Basic principles and role of the Instructor
- Principles of instruction
- Simple skills analysis
- Classroom demonstration and administration
- Daily safety checks and operating practice
- Truck familiarisation
- Operating and corrective tuition
- Guided preparation for a practical lesson plan
- Deliver practical lesson plan to a trainee
- Feedback on strengths and weaknesses
- Introduction to the test
- Guidance throughout on all aspects of practical lesson preparation, use of marking sheets, practical test and certification of operators
Continued on-site observation and guidance, mentoring operators in applying to best practice standards and compliance to Lift Truck operations. Maintenance of a safe and effective operating culture, with standards being continuously applied.
Please note that delegates must hold a valid accredited operator's certificate dated within the last 6 months, and have at least 12 months’ operating experience.