Today’s workforce contains 5 generations, each bringing its own set of behaviours, expectation and values. A ‘one size fits all’ management approach can never apply. One of the key management challenges in 2020 is how to better understand all the individuals in your team, to retain and motivate them, creating high performing teams and improved business performance.
- The workplace in 2020 and what shapes each generation.
- Understand the needs, strengths, the challenges each generation can present.
- What motivates Baby Boomers, Generation X, Y (Millennials) and Z?
- Develop approaches to lead generations effectively.
- Explore the benefits of a multi-generational workforce
- Tailor recruitment activity to take account of the different generations.
- Improve retention for generations most prone to ‘job hop’, generations Z and Y (Millennials)
- Finding ‘common’ ground between generations
- Drive performance by creating multi-generational teams.
- Creating cross-generational mentoring
Understand the different generations, their needs and drives and why they all act in particular and different ways. This will then assist in developing a sustained and high-level approach to leading generations Z and Y (Millennials), X and the Baby Boomers and look at how leadership can drive the performance of the business by creating diverse multi-generational teams.