This is an ideal course for new and emerging managers, team leaders and supervisors who have been promoted and need to make the transition into a leadership role.
- Moving from being one of the many to becoming one of the few
- Establishing yourself in the role and managing working relationships and friendships
- Understanding why there is a change in relationships
- Overcoming personal barriers and beliefs
- Understand the transition process to becoming a world-class supervisor / manager
- Understanding the needs of the team now that you are no longer one of them
- Creating an understanding of where to draw the line
- Knowing how to best react to former colleagues crossing that line
- Techniques for dealing with staff in a calm and collected manner
- Delegating to others and gaining commitment to deliver – getting excellence back every time
- The skills and experience that can transition with you
- Planning and prioritising tasks and managing the day
- Handling interruptions and workload re-prioritisation
Ensure the successful transition of staff to management level and enable them with the skills and knowledge to succeed in achieving business critical tasks, while reducing recruitment costs and retaining specialised business knowledge.