Any member of staff to help them understand mental health and how they can offer support to those experiencing a mental health issue(s). This interactive course will provide an overview in recognising the main signs and symptoms of mental ill health and how to provide the right initial support of someone experiencing a mental health issue.
- What is mental health?
- Supporting mental health in the workplace
- Stress vulnerability and the stress container model
- The mental health continuum
- Thinking distortions
- Mental Health conditions (Depression, anxiety disorders, psychosis and schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder, eating disorders, Mental health and risk: suicide and self-harm)
- Stigma and mental health issues
- Take 10 Together Toolkit – tips for supportive conversations
- Helpful resources
- Useful statistics
To be able to recognise the main signs and symptoms of mental illness and poor mental health. Also raising awareness of mental health in the workplace and increase understanding across the business and reducing stigma around mental health.
This is a Certificated course (MHFA England)