Senior managers, HR and anyone with responsibility for the health, safety and wellbeing of their staff along with creating and sustaining a mentally healthy work environment. This interactive two-day course will provide the knowledge and tools needed to recognise the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and prevent mental health issues getting worse, speeding up recovery.
- Why Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)?
- The MHFA action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms and risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicidal crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder? and First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety disorders
- Treatment and resource for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eating disorders and self-harm
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis and Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Schizophrenia, Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovery and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
To be able to act through recognition of the signs and symptoms of mental ill health whilst increasing wellbeing levels of staff through positive support and guidance. Reduce the knock-on effects of mental health issues on employees and the workplace.
Comprehensive training materials including MHFA manual and Line Manager’s Resources are provided for this Certified course (MHFA England)