Aimed at those who have responsibility for managing environmental issues as part of their day-to-day duties. This course focuses on environmental law and environmental management systems, in a manner that enables the policy and practical implications to be considered and applied.
EMC1: Environmental Management – Open book exam
- Foundations in Environmental Management
- Environmental management systems
- Assessing Environmental aspects and impacts
- Planning for and dealing with environmental emergencies
- Control of emissions to air
- Control of environmental noise
- Control of contaminations to water sources
- Control of waste and land use
- Sources and use of energy and energy efficiency
EMC2: Assessing Environmental Aspects and associated Impacts
- Practical assessment
Reduce your business impact on the environment (and fines and penalties that can follow poor practice). Be able to implement controls over environmental impacts and ensuring competence to conduct practical environmental reviews of a workplace to support legal compliance.
No previous environmental knowledge is required, however the standard of English required must be such that delegates can both understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH suggest that at least 25 hours of private study time is allocated in addition to the taught component.