NEBOSH is the qualification of choice for those tasked with health and safety advisory and management responsibilities. Combining risk assessment, control, auditing, analysis, accident prevention, reporting and practical applications, this course will provide the knowledge and practical skills needed to support workplace safety.
NG1: Management of health and safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
NG2: Risk assessment
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General Workplace issues
- Work equipment
Gives increased competence and capability to support health and safety in the workplace. Enables the management of and reduction in workplace hazards and ensures compliance which results in the reduced likelihood of fines and prosecutions.
No previous health and safety knowledge is required, however, the standard of English must be such that delegates can both understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus. NEBOSH suggest that at least 40 hours of private study time is allocated, in addition to the taught component.